Friday, November 2, 2007

I feel like the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland


You know the one that runs around willy nilly with the big time watch screaming "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!" Well that's exactly how I feel these last couple of days. It all started the night before Halloween when my darling 4 year old niece called. We talked together for over a half hour and by the end of the conversation it hit me like a tonne of bricks. I feel like time is racing by yet standing still and there are things I need to do. I can hear the clock ticking but I'm late. I'm running behind. Everyone else has their precious children and I'm missing out. Every day I and many more waiting parents are out there frantically running to catch up to our children and to be the parents we so desperately want to be. To have our days filled with fun, laughter and love.

I know I have an important date with my child but when it will be is what eludes me and I don't know about you but I'm tired of being the white rabbit.

No comments: