Monday, February 12, 2007

Chinese Military History

O.k.I guess by now you've noticed that my blog is not the typical adoption blog that you often see. (I have to say this blogging thing is great!) I am a history buff or nut (I'm a History major specializing in German History and the Holocaust - but that's another blog one day perhaps)and I love all things Chinese. So, that being the case I feel I've been let loose with this blog.
Since my husband has complained that I have gotten carried away in writing some of my earlier posts I've decided to just list some adult books on Chinese Military (history) that you may find interesting. So, if you do find that you would like to do some reading on Military topics how about getting your hands on one or more of the following:

Modern Chinese Warfare,1795 - 1989 (Bruce Ellerman)
China at War,1901-1949 (Edward Dreyer)
Soldiers of the Dragon: Chinese Armies 1500BC-ad 1840(C.J.Peers)
This auther also wrote Late Imperial Chinese Armies 1520-1840 AND Ancient Chinese Armies 1500-200BC
Code Name Kindred Spirit: Inside the Chinese Nuclear Espionage Scandal (Notra Trulock)
A Military History of China (David Andrew Graff)
Ancient China and its Enemies: The rise of Nomadic Power in East Asian History (Nicola Di Cosmo)
Overall Chinese history book entiteld "China: A New History" (John King Fairbank)
Colonel C.L. Chennault and Flying Tigers (book on how Claire Chennault helped China in the war against Japan.)
Fire and Water: the Art of Incendiary and Aquatic Warfare in China (Ralph Sawyer)
Rescuing the Doolittle Team
The Fall of Hong Kong: Britain, China and the Japanese Occupation (Philip Snow)
When China Ruled the Seas: The Treasure Fleet of the Dragon Throne 1405-1433 (Lousie Levathes)
The Great Wall of China 221 BC-1644AD (Stephen Turnbull)

No comments: