Friday, February 16, 2007

Questions and more Questions


I've decided that since I'll be;

1. over the moon completely when I finally reach 'gotcha day' and

2. Won't have a singe coherent thought in my brain

I'll post a list of questions to ask the Orphanage people now. (that is, assuming I'll GET to ask anyone questions) It will also be a huge part of Jade's early life story to have even if some of them are not answered.

Anyone who would like to use the list for their own, go for it as you, too, will probably be over to moon and thoughtless during your 'gotcha day'. I found this on the Rumor Queen site (I think.... I read way too much!) and I felt they were relevant.

1. Where/how was she found and on what date?
2. Who found her?
3. How do you know her age?
4. Was there a note or any other mementos found with her?
5. Who chose her name and why? Does it have any special meaning?
6. Is there a nickname you call her?
7. How was her health the first year?
8. Any prior illnesses, accidents or injuries? If so, what was the treatment. (good question to get an answer - wonder could we get the answer in writing for medical purposes back home?)
9. Does she have any known allergies?
10. Has she had immunizations?
11. What kind of food is she eating now? How much? When?
12. What are her sleeping habits - how much does she sleep and when? Does she sleep on her tummy or back?
13. Does she have any dislikes,likes, sensitivities?
14. What is her personality like? What makes her happy?
15. What makes her angry/upset?
16. How can I calm/soothe her when she cries?
17. Was there a particular person she was attached to?
18. Was there one person who took care of her at the ophanage or many? Did she go home with someone at night or sleep at the orphanage?
19. Does she drink from a bottle or a cup?

Now I know some of these questions will be answered when we receive her profile but it never hurts to ask them again in person. You never know what answer you'll get or what other information it might lead to.

No comments: