Monday, February 26, 2007

Round n Round it goes, Where it stops no one knows...




Well, I'm finally back on the mend after a horrible week of the flu. You know, I never really knew just how many avid readers I have collected with my blog. Glad you decided to join me and please keep reading!

Back to my title for today's post. I thought it was fitting as this past Sunday, February 25th was 5 months since we have been logged in. Now the question is, will it be 18 months till referral as I had predicted or 24 months as our agency has said. I've decided that I'm still going to work with the 18 month prediction. The hubby and I discussed it over the weekend and when we retraced our adoption steps we noticed a pattern of sorts. We first decided that we would register to adopt domestically. We were told that we would be placed on a wait list for 10 years. Yikes! Then, we decided to adopt internationally and again, we were told we would be in for a LONG wait of at least a year to begin Pride. The actual wait to complete Pride for us came down to 4 months. The process could not be straight forward for us - nope, we decided to build a house and put the paper chase off for about a year and when we decided to pick it up again this past summer we were told that with vacations etc. it would take till at least November before our file would finally be sent to China and logged in either Dec '06 or Jan'07. What happened? Yup, our file was sent and logged in on Sept. 25, 2006.

Now, as I've said before my mind is a calculating mind. I believe that things tend to fall out of the sky for me when I least expect it and that being the case I have this gut feeling that 18 months is more probable than 24. Perhaps its just my stubborn streak refusing to give into the horrid idea that the adoption agency may be right over me. Plus, it is the year of the Pig and I am a Pig so this is MY year - 18 months it shall be then. (My, oh my, won't people be laughing if it turns out to be 24 months!) Bottom line, round -n- round it (the CCAA) goes, where it stops no one knows.... 18 or 24, what shall it be?

Hmmm, I wonder, is it possible to go around for a year with eyes, toes, fingers and anything else crossed without inflicting any kind of long lasting medical condition upon oneself?

1 comment:

Sue Ralph said...

Glad you are feeling better; you guys have come along way with all of this; when you find Jade you will forget the waiting you have done; when Jade is ready; you will be there for her! Oh Happy Days!!!!!!!!

Love Sue