Thursday, April 26, 2007

Ahhh, parenthood

Since "the hubby" and I have never been parents before (well, I guess the dogs don't count I suppose) I figure that by the time we get Jade there will be many different things that we'll be thankful for. Example number one Ray and I love eating out. When Jade comes I presume we'll be thankful that we are able just to sit down to eat. Plus, it will probably be nice to see food that does not resemble pureed, mashed or liquid that is not served in a bowl or a cup.

I love dressing up and wearing nice clothes. I assume when Jade arrives I'll just be thankful that I can find one decent clean clothing item; one that preferably does not have snot, drool, food , throw up or any other undesirable foul smelling liquid on it.

Which brings me to my worst downfall;

I love my little sporty car now as it serves my purpose and vanity just fine. I think I will feel a little bit of a loss when Jade comes and I have to trade it in for the dreaded mini van... but again, in the end I guess I will be thankful for that too.

I'm quite sure this list will expand when Jade comes but for now, I'll enjoy wearing my fancy booger-free clothes while riding in my snazzy sports car on my way to a fine dining establishment.

Ahh, the joys of parenthood await me but perhaps I can enjoy my precious vanity just a little while longer!

No comments: