Monday, April 2, 2007

Hope and Faith - Sometimes that's all we have

I confess, I've been following along with a particular adoption blog lately. It is a blog of a darling little baby by the name of Brea Wusterbarth. (Message to "the hubby" if you are starting to read this STOP! It will be too much for your soft heartedness to endure.) Little Brea came home to the USA in October 2006. Since being home she developed a cold which turned into a virus which eventually damaged her heart. She was hospitalized and it was determined that she would need a heart transplant. I don't think I can say anymore but I've included Brea's blog here www.babyjellybeans.com If you have some time I suggest that you follow Brea's journey from China to present day.

I have to admit that Brea's mother has been an inspiration to me and while I'm not a very religious person she has made me "think" quite often. Those on the adoption journey will agree that more often than not it is hope and faith that gets us through and in some cases it is all we have. We all need something to believe in.

1 comment:

Sue Ralph said...

Hey Wendy and Ray:

I love reading your blog; very interesting! Wendy, I think you missed your calling to be a writer!!

Love Sue