Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Reality Checks and Roller Coasters


When I read my latest posts I'm finding that all they are is doom and gloom. I apologise to my avid followers for this and from now on I will try to get back to posting about all things Chinese and whatever else might peek my/your interest. However, I do have to keep you up to date on the adoption though and unfortunately there is rarely much good news to post on that front these days. You'll just have to ride out the rough times with me I suppose for y'all want to know what the heck is going on! So my best advise is to pick a seat, strap yourselves in and hang on because it's gonna be a twisted, bumpy never ending roller coaster ride folks.
Anyway, the rumblings have begun again about this month's referrals. When are they arriving, who knows? How many days will the CCAA have matched this month? Who the heck knows... (heck is my word for the day if you haven't already figured out) Most people in the "circle" are throwing about the #2. Yup, that's right, "THEY" say that the CCAA has had another bad month. So far, it has taken the CCAA four months to match up to the 26th of October. (Just FYI, in 2005 the CCAA was matching a month's worth of files per month. Now, it is taking them a full month just to match two days worth.) So, if it took the CCAA all of April to match October 27 and 28th that means it will take them ANOTHER 2 MONTHS TO FINISH OCTOBER!! (people I'm talking October 2005 here - see how much they are back logged? Our LID is September 25, 2006. A long way to go huh!)
Now granted, rule of thumb is that October and November of any year has always been heavy months in terms of the total number of files logged in so naturally, it would take longer to match. So, one would hope that once the CCAA finishes up with November the number of matches per month should increase.
Well folks, that's the rumor rumble for today and should anything change you know I'll post.

No comments: