Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A few of my favorite things

I've finally given up bashing poor old Mother Nature and realised that the delay of spring is just another thing that I needed to "wait" on. This of course got me to thinking. I decided that I had two options.

1. I could complain about the wait yet again but decided against it. Nope, gone are the days of the pity party for one. I decided that I use up way too much energy being grumpy about the 'wait'. You heard it here first folks "THAT WORD" will never be uttered from my cyber lips again. Frankly I'm tired and I'm getting fed up with myself moaning about THAT WORD. Somehow, I got whisked away from Delusion Island where it was all nice and warm. I'm sure THAT WORD did it to me! My friends, if you haven't already figured it out yet, to enter into this twisty turny world of adoption you need nerves of steele and the determination, drive and stubborness to match. You need to be Superman, only a woman! Gee, would that classify as Wonder Woman? Hmmmm... another post for another day perhaps.

OR

2. My mind wandered off to "things", and what do you sometimes do with things? Why, you put them on a list. So, in my attempt to become a positive, happy, contented individual during "THAT WORD" I decided to make a list of some of my favorite things.

I love chocolate (too much I'm afraid!), warm toasty fires, flannel pjs, dogs/puppies and wet sloppy puppy kisses. Which brings me to puppy breath and puppy yawns. I love books, onion rings, mysteries, movies, squeaky shoes ( Chinese baby shoes that have squeakers to help babies learn to walk), the first snow fall (Mother Nature, do you hear me?! I said the first not the 157th!), Christmas, growing things (plants, flowers, tomatoes - basically anything that's easy to grow that I can't kill), hearing the birds sing and cooking.

Most importantly, I cannot finish this list without adding my most favorite things in all the world. My dear family and friends that have shown and given so much support through "THAT WORD" so far. I have a deep love for China and Jade's birth mother. For without them we would not (eventually) have her. Lastly, "the hubby" for I couldn't do it without him. Who loves ya baby!

These, dear friends, are a few of my favorite things and I am grateful for each and every one of them.

Take care.

No comments: